New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

New High List for SPX and NDX

Hi All, I have this scan for SPX new highs (not sure what the 253 means but found it in pre-defined scans and seems to work). My question is, how can I add an OR, so if I want to say SPY Index and/or RUT?

[today's high > yesterday's daily max(253,high)]
and [group is SP500]

Comments

• As far as I know, RUT is not a group. But you can add any number of other index groups from the Indexes and ETFs drop down on the scan workbench. Select the group you want, click add and edit into the framework below. The syntax for the OR statement would be:

[today's high > yesterday's daily max(253,high)]

and

[ // begin 'or'

[group is SP500]
    or
    [group is ? ]
    or
    [group is ?]

or
    [group is ? ]

] // end 'or'

Note there is no 'or' in front of the first alternative (sp500), but the has to be one 'or' for each subsequent alternative. And there has to be a pair of brackets around all the alternatives (marked //begin 'or' and //end 'or). It's all spaced out on separate lines to make it easier to read. You could put them on one line if there are only two or three alternatives.
  • Awesome, thank you Mark!!!