New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Linking (Syncing) Charts

How do I link (sync?) a weekly and a daily chart so that when I place my cursor on a particular date on one chart, say August 20 on the weekly chart, the vertical line will also appear on August 20 on the daily chart? Sorry, I'm sure there's a more elegant way to ask the question. Thanks.

Comments

• Are you referring to the "Inspect" feature on the chart workbench? Or something else?

• Hi Mark, yes, if I understand how the Inspect feature works. Another benefit of linking the charts would be that if I type a stock symbol into the Symbol field of one chart (e.g., weekly), it would automatically populate the symbol field on the other chart (e.g., daily). Thanks so much. Jeff
  • As far as I know, you can only have one chart in workbench view in one browser session. If you open another session, you can have another chart in workbench view, but, as far as I know, you cannot link or sync different browser sessions - in other words, one session is not aware of what is happening in another session. For instance, I believe if you open the same list in two windows (sessions), make a change to the list or to a chart in one window, that change will not appear in the second window until you refresh it.

I'm not an expert, but I think this has to do with the way browsers work, not what Stockcharts can/cannot do. Nevertheless, if you think this feature would have broad appeal, you could suggest it to Support as an enhancement.

In the meantime, if you are not familiar with Gallery View, it might help, although the there are not tools like you suggest.
  • Mark, thank you...what a nice response you have provided me as a new member of the Stockcharts family. Thanks so much for all your help. Best, Jeff