New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Multiple Days Down Alert

Hello! Can someone advise me on how to create either a scan or an alert when when of my chartlists has a symbol in it that has been down more than 5 days in a row?

thanks!

Comments

• For a scan, this seems to do it:

[ put your list here]

and [max(6,ROC(1)) < 0]
  • thank you!!!!
  • There is also the Streak Up and Streak Down functions in the technical indicators that can be used for consecutive periods. Like 5 days in a row.

There is the Count Up and Count Down functions that can be used to find a number of Ups or Downs in a given period. Like Up 15 periods in the last 25 periods.
  • I'd be very interested in how to do something like 15 out of 20 up etc. Do you have an example that I'd be able to use? Thanks!
  • In the Advanced Scan filter options. Technical Indicators drop down. The Counts use a period and an indicator ("25,close" in this example) followed by the requirement (">=15").

"and [Count Up(25, close) >= 15]"

The Streak only looks at consecutive occurrences of the indicator followed by the requirement

"and [Streak Up(close) > 5]"

You can put other indicators instead of close if you like.
  • thank you very much for this!