New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

"simple" method for notating

Just sharing a quick tip:

When looking to note a chart, (say a buy order, an open buy order, a sell order, a retracement level, etc) you can use the Annotation tools. These are very robust.

A "simple method" that I use it to put a Horizontal Line overlay on the chart. It's "quicker" for me and provides the visual level to note where I did something or plan to think about doing something. You can make these lines different styles and colors, if you want, to denote different things.

Just like annotations though, it will not work out well if you do an "apply to all" to the list.

Comments

• Options
    I agree horizontal line is useful. One potential problem - if price retraces over the same level several times, HL alone doesn't tell you on which intersection you entered or exited. In most cases you will probably remember, or can look it up easily, but there are couple of alternatives, if you think it's worth it.

I find you can use trend line to avoid ambiguity - draw the HL first, then draw the trend line right over it, beginning at your point of interest. Then delete the HL, leaving the TL. There's a little less clutter on the chart. Or, if that's too much work, and the clutter is not distracting, use a vertical line or a circle at the point of interest.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Yes, annotation is a great tool.