New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Scan where stock's was below 10 SMA yesterday but today is above SMA 10 with relative volume 1.5

Hi Members

I am new here but want to learn and contribute!

I am trying to write a scan for USA stocks where stock was below 10 SMA yesterday but today is above SMA 10 with relative volume 1.5. I am not able to build the right query

Can you please help?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited December 2019
    What is relative volume?

Post what you have and we'll correct it.

Basically, you want close x sma(10) (with proper syntax). All terms are available from the drop downs on the scan workbench. Some are ready to go, some you have to edit.

For working examples, look at the predefined and sample scans here:

https://support.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=reports:predefined-scans:customizing

Strong advice: put only one condition on a line - so every line starts with "and" (except the first one). So you will have to edit downloaded examples to get that format.
  • Options
    An excellent place to start to learn the scan engine is by using the Pre-defined Scans in your Member Toolbox. They have all sorts or basic setups there. When you click on the results for any of them, there is a link in the upper right hand corner that says "Click here to edit this scan". When you click on it it will open the Scan workbench with the language for the scan filled in.