New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Can I download to excel the price data for Open Hi Low Close & Vol. w/o paying Pro vs Extra? Cost?

Hi As a New Subcriber, asking anyone to help me download the historical data on stocks into my excel so
I can work on my own formulas/// It is blocked as an Extra level member :smile:
fyiI am not currently trading, I am developing and have very limited funds at this point. The $ difference between Pro and Extra per month, is burden (There of course independent sites offering some forms of free data ( no volume, and no spreads) but it is not what I am looking for.) I want to synch it up with custom chart developement at stockcharts.com.
Looking for help on this, from an empathetic soul.
Thanks,
2-20-19

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited February 2019
    The account level services descriptions don't mention a restriction on downloading past data, so I would guess it is available if you are a subscriber at any level. Is past data what you are looking for, or real time? You have to pay for real time separately from your subscription. What are the steps you are taking to down load the data? Are you downloading from the Past Data link, or from the Scan Results page? What happens at each step? It may be that something else is blocking the file - e.g. security software.

If in fact your account level does restrict you, it may be a violation of the user agreement for anyone to share with you.
  • Hi ; Thanks, I am now turning my attention to the Vortex Indicator combined with a PVO....Interesting as I am very familiar with Wilder's DMI Indicator, this is as follows and I am sure you know of it as well: " Developed by Etienne Botes and Douglas Siepman, the Vortex Indicator consists of two oscillators that capture positive and negative trend movement. In creating this indicator, Botes and Seipman drew on the work of Welles Wilder and Viktor Schauberger, who is considered the father of implosion technology. Despite a rather involved formula, the indicator is quite easy to interpret. "

Any comments welcome.
    Fred
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2020
    As you have probably noticed, there are a lot of indicators. More complex does not necessarily mean better.

Most indicators have static parameters - that is, they capture and manipulate data from a fixed period of time. The problem is, market moves develop over variable periods of time. In other words, the change in supply/demand balance that governs the direction of prices may reverse all at once, in one or two bars, on huge volume, or gradually over several or dozens of bars with variable volume. Indicators can't capture those extremes, so they cannot always be "right". Instead, some are better in some markets, and others in different markets. So, a quest for the "holy grail" will be lengthy, and quite possibly, like the original quest, disappointing.

It seems to me, the most useful aids to decision making for traders (not necessarily investors, who should be looking at fundamentals) are price channels and fib lines. These are pretty good for identifying POSSIBLE support and resistance - meaning, price intersections with these levels should be watched closely for a change in the supply demand balance.