New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Horizontal line

Trying to overlay a horizontal line with a specific value on my SharpChart. Probably easy to do. I'll keep looking. Hoping for a line / value / number as an overlay option.

Comments

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited October 2020
    On the Sharpcharts workbench, in the Overlays section, open a drop down in the first column and select Horizontal Line. In the Parameters window (second column) enter a price, e.g. 25.50.

To dress up the line (color, thickness), open "Advanced Options" (green triangle with gold star) at the top line, next to Parameters; select style, color, opacity (usually Auto is fine, but you can tone down a color with a selected value).
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited October 2020
    You can also add multiple horizontal lines by separating the values with a comma. 1,2,3,4,5

You can also add horizontal lines to indicators as well.

On the indicator horizontal lines you can independently color them by putting a colon and color. 1:red,2:white,3:blue,4:green,5:purple,6:black,7:lime

If you are wonder the available colors, select the Color drop down on the indicator and view the different options available.

• Options
    Is this possible to do in ACP?
  • Options
    IMpossible on current ACP. You would need to add, multiple single HL's to the chart. That is another weakness of ACP. So, let's say I have added multiple HL's. I have no way of knowing what the value of the HL is without hitting the gear icon to see it. Imagine having 5 or more lines on the chart.

I added Anchored VWAP to my "default chart, but I wanted to have the Anchor be each Quarter beginning date. No reason other than curious as to what value the Anchored VWAP may add. Anyway, I have to open each one to see which VWAP it is.

So, I have 4 Anchored VWAPs on the chart, and they show like below, in the settings.