New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Question about lowest tier and ChartLists

I asked StockCharts support but did not receive a reply yet. I wanted to sign up during their year prepay sale, but have a question. The lowest tier says you get 1 chart list, or 250 for the middle tier. I’ve got like 10 chartlist groups they set up automatically, including my portfolio and my watch list plus some others I’m playing with. Do these go away or get frozen if I start paying for the lowest tier? I’m current doing the 30 day test though I have it set on the basic tier.

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2020
    https://stockcharts.com/pricing/

The link above explains subscription options, but doesn't answer your question directly, namely what happens to your stuff if you downgrade.

It seems the trial package is the Extra level, which you would keep if you choose Extra or Pro. If you go Basic, it seems you would lose some of what is available now. But, best to confirm that with Support.
  • I would guess that you would only keep the 1st one on the list if you are in the basic level. I doubt the rest would be kept, just in case you decide to upgrade later. It's only a guess, but logical from a programming perspective.
  • This was originally posted back in 2020... I'm dropping this here for future peeps.

I had this same question and discovered that if you navigate to the "Your Account" section from the menu in the top right hand portion of the website... where it says your name when you're logged in... There is a link in your "Your Account" page that says "Change Service Level".

If you select that it will take you to a page that displays each Service Level (Basic/Extra/Pro) and their features. You can Upgrade or Downgrade between each of the three service levels during your trial period to see what stays and what goes away.

If you change your Service Level to the Basic tier on this page... then the one Chartlist that stays around is the one titled "Default".

All of the others disappear.