New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

annotation

mine not functioning. all but the chart goes gray. am Imthe only one or is it systemwide

Answers

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    annotation "opens" the chart in annotation mode and grays out the background. You'll note a black X in the upper right corner. You can exit out of Annotation mode by clicking on that X.

Once you make your annotations, you can either save the annotations or discard the annotations. Either way, follow the instruction on the screen. Once the Annotation window closes, then you are back to your prior view.
  • I cannot get the annotation process started when I click on "annotate". The annotate process is simply not working.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    When you click on Annotate, nothing happens? A chart with a X in a black circle in the upper corner doesn't appear?

• markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2021
    If you are seeing the chart, then look for the "tool bars" - there are two, as @lmkwin s screen shot shows - one tool bar is horizontal, at the top left of the chart, and the other is vertical on the left side of the chart. If you don't see those, then something is wrong. Maybe try a different browser.

If you do see the tool bars, click on any of the boxes on the vertical tool bar see the tools available in each box.
    To modify the color, thickness, etc. of any drawing, use the horizontal tool bar.

If you don't see anything, it may be a browser setting blocking pop-ups -

https://support.stockcharts.com/doku.php?id=faqs:is_my_popup_blocking_software_interfering_with_things