New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scan Name

edited July 2021 in Scanning
When I create chartlist I name it. One name is Bull 0001 f. When I try to scan for conditions within that list it asks for a scan name, so I but in Bull 0001 f.
My scan includes the expression "and [favorites list is Bull 0001 f]" The error message refers to this as an invalid expression. I believe there's a list number I'm supposed to use, but I cannot find such a thing anywhere. What's my problem? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    In the scan workbench, a dropdown at the bottom of the options is Chartlists. Use the Dropdown to select your list and it will fill in the data appropriately

example:
    and [favorites list is 88] // 0 0 !INDICATOR Charts of Interest

It uses your List number as the name and puts the // in to tell you the name of your list.

• @lmkwin 's method is the best way to specify a chart list in your scan. In the past, I have had problems typing out the list number/name instead of selecting it from the drop down. It may be fixed now, but the scan engine sometimes seemed to have a problem recognizing a typed out chart list name.
  • Thanks to both. I recalled before the responses came in so haven't come back, & I have the appropriate chartlists included in many saved scans. So, in my 70's, I occasionally (or more) draw blanks on things I should know. I came in to see if I could provide any useful answers to questions, and up came my question.
    So I wanted to say thank you. For people coming in here, you provide a very valuable resource.