New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

slow stoch %k(14,3) > Slow stoch %D by a certain percentage. PLS HELP! IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR

[type = stock]
and [group is not ETF]
and [sma(20,volume) >= 40000]
and [COUNTRY= US]
and [todays slow Stoch %K(14,3) <= 20.0]
and [todays slow Stoch %D(14,3) <= 20.0]
and [todays slow Stoch %K(14,3) > 1 day ago slow Stoch %K(14,3)] AND [1 days ago slow Stoch %K(14,3) > 2 days ago slow Stoch %K(14,3)]

and [RSI (14) <80
and [RSI (14) > 40 * 1.10]
and [slow Stoch %K(14,3) > slow Stoch %D(14,3)] * 1.10

I don't know if there is a way to insert a "greater than or less than by a certain percent e.g: 10% " parameter in there I want to catch the move before it happens and when I simply scan [slow Stoch %K(14,3) > slow Stoch %D(14,3)] I get too many stocks back and with most of them, the move already happened. Can I do a near cross as with the MA? Maybe I'm not making any sense, please pardon me as I have dyslexia, and it's hard for me to put into sentences what I am trying to say. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Comments

• If you want % K below %D but within say 5%

and [Slow Stoch %K(14,3) < Slow Stoch %D(14,3)]
    and [Slow Stoch %K(14,3) > Slow Stoch %D(14,3) * .95]

If you want %K above %D but within 5%

and [Slow Stoch %K(14,3) > Slow Stoch %D(14,3)]
    and [Slow Stoch %K(14,3) < Slow Stoch %D(14,3) * 1.05]

If you want %K crossing above %D (cross above mean below on the last bar and above on current bar)

and [Slow Stoch %K(14,3) x Slow Stoch %D(14,3)]

If you want %K crossing below %D, reverse the terms

and [Slow Stoch %D(14,3) x Slow Stoch %K(14,3)]

• I had to read over it a couple of times to finally comprehend but I finally understood the why behind it, I don't like to just type in the scans without actually understanding. I love you and your help so much!!!! Seriously thank you, I didn't think I would get a response as fast as I did !!!
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2021
    I should have made it explicit: the scan engine understands per cents in terms of decimals. So 100% is 1.00 (or just 1). More than 100% is some decimal larger than 1.00, so 105%, or 5% greater than some number, is 1.05. Some percent smaller than 100% is a decimal less than 1.00, so 95%, or 5% less than some number, is .95.

For "x", the cross above operator, it seems there should also be a cross below operator. We intuitively think of the faster moving line as the active line, doing the crossing above and the crossing below, so there should be an operator for each direction. But programmers don't think that way - if they can make the same code do more than one thing, they will. It makes the program smaller and easier to maintain, even if its harder for the user. So, you just have to grasp the concept that the first element in your statement - the one before the "x" - is the one that does the crossing above, even if it is slower and even if on the chart it looks like the faster one is crossing below.

Thanks for your kind words, and good luck with your scan.