New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Running a number of scans automatically at the close

Is it possible to set up a number of scans to run automatically at the end of the day? This would save me the time involved in manually going through each of the scans on my dashboard at the close each day. Thanks!

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2022
    I wish. As far as I know, there is no built-in feature on the site that will do that for you.

If you are serious about it, you could probably find a programmer to write a script that will run the scans, but it probably wouldn't be cheap.
  • Thanks Mark! :/
  • A scan and an alert operate using the same code. You can set an alert to run after the close.

The only thing you can't have on the Alert is the Rank By. Leave that off the code.

I set up Alerts and save them with appropriate names. I also will save that Alert code to a Scan and save the Scan with the same name as the Alert. This way I can run the "Alert" scan anytime, possibly with some additional filters or changed coding. The Alert runs on a schedule.
  • Great, I'll try that!

Many thanks!