New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

how do you set up a price alert on a ticker relative to an ETF?

for example, how do you set up an alert for amzn:xly? if amzn:xly is over xxxx, then i can get an alert. i tried to use price alert, but the price alert only allows for one ticker, not for comparing two tickers. then i tried advanced alert, but i got lost trying to navigate the advanced alert section. Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately, alerts and scans do not recognize the ratio symbol (abc:xyz). Only the charts use it.

There have been many questions about ratio symbols and scanning on this forum, showing there is considerable demand for this feature, but so far, no enhancement.

I would suggest you contact support and tell them you want this feature. If enough of us do it, maybe it will happen.
  • Options
    You know, every time someone posts a question like this it makes me think.

I don't know if this would work, and it certainly wouldn't be EXACTLY what you are looking for @kka.

how about something like this?

[[symbol = 'ABC'] and [PctRelative(20,XYZ) x 0]]

In a Scan, it does produce results. Putting the PctRelative also in a Rank By statement does show the values.

I used this in my scan "test"

and [name contains 'D']
    and [PctRelative(20,$spx) x 0]

Rank by [PctRelative(20,$spx)]

@kka, the Advanced Alert section is pretty much EXACTLY like the Advanced Scan Workbench. All of the buttons, dropdowns, and the like are very similar.

• Options
    With Tradingview.com you are able to place an alert on a symbol ratio. You need to input an indicator like "Ratio Between Two Symbols" and then place the alert on that ratio. Even the free version allows you to try it!
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    StockCharts now allows the ratio price alerts as well.
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    In Price Alerts, enter your symbol and the chart appears for review

Pick your price and desired actions and save it to set the alert.

Works the same for Ratio symbols.

Something to note is the % dropdown next to price. Select one of the % options if you like and it will fill in the price that matches your selection.