New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Recent IPO

I am looking for stocks that had their IPOs within the last year or last Xyears.
I have tried [250 weeks ago Weekly Close <= 0]
but figured that if the stock wasn't listed it would not show up
So I tried using a favorites list with stocks that met the criteria ;
[type = stock] AND [favorites list = 118] AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 1] AND [250 weeks ago Weekly Close <= 0]
Still no luck.

Any suggestions on how to scan for stocks that are relatively new? (IPO within the last 15 years)

Answers

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    On the thread below there is some discussion along those lines.

https://scan.stockcharts.com/discussion/comment/6045#Comment_6045

If you go to Data Adjustments in StockCharts they have a listing. Don't know if it's a complete listing but it is a listing.

Finviz.com has an IPO filter in their screener that allows for a lot of options.

IPOScoop is also an option.

Google IPO in the last X days and see what else you may find.

You can't scan for them at this time in StockCharts. You have to make a chartlist with the results you acquired and then run scans or alerts or reviews using that chartlist.

Your scan won't work return any values as no securities have a 0 or less than 0 value. IF the security wasn't around it's value would be blank or null. You can't scan for blanks or nulls.

One thing you could do is put that request as a Rank By in your scan.

Rank by [250 weeks ago Weekly Close]

This would sort your results in that order, descending.

Rank by [250 weeks ago Weekly Close] ascending

would put the results in ascending rank by value

Blank values would appear at the top or the bottom of the results, grouped together