New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Hi support team, Please can you connect me with a Stock Charts user who can write a program for me..

Hello support team,
Please can you connect me with a Stock Charts user who can write a program for me, to look for my particular pattern on Stock Charts?

Answers

• Options
    I would just post what your pattern is that you are looking for, or, if it has a name or characteristic, put that in the search box at the top of the page and see if anything comes up. This is a User Forum and you will often find assistance in leading you in the right direction for your needs. The forum has got at least a decade of prior threads and discussions that have covered all sorts of topics.

I don't believe that there is a StockCharts program. But StockCharts.com does offer a scanning tool that also can double as an alerting tool. Or an alerting tool that can also double as a scanning tool, depending on which way you look at it.

You CAN'T scan or alert in intraday data on StockCharts.com.
  • Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited October 2022
    Stockcharts also provides "predefined scans" that cover most common technical signals:

https://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.scan

If you click on any of the numbers, it will take you to a results page. (You may have to be signed in to Stockcharts for the link to work.) At the top of the results page are three buttons. Two allow you to save the results to a list or a spreadsheet. The last, "Edit Criteria", shows you the scan code that produced the results. You can modify this code. (I would copy it to the scan workbench, save it as your own scan and then modify the scan.)

Some scans are simple and some are more complex. You can make the longer ones more readable by putting each condition on its own line. (To do this, click the cursor in front of each "AND" and hit enter to start a new line.)

If you don't find anything there, as lmkwin says, you can post your own set of conditions here in plain english. If its not too involved, someone can point you in the right direction.