New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

This is the year!!!

Comments

• That's exactly how mine load. PAGE by PAGE, never all at once. .. and it takes me 18 CLICKS (ok, 18 MANUAL page scrolls) ... and 18 WAITING SPINNiNG CIRCLES ... and over a FULL MINUTE .... to load ONE chartlist.

VERY PAINFUL ... Knowing the previous system was quite functional.
  • I used to call CandleGlance my favorite way to view charts in chartlists. 10 per page is now my favorite. I couldn't believe that Grayson said you know you've reached to bottom of the list when the spinning wheel no longer appears.

• markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2022
    I stand corrected. Mine works the same way. Interestingly, the new "Scroll View" also does this. The old numbered format really does seem to be faster and more convenient. Auto scroll forces you to begin at the beginning and doesn't let you get to the end until you've loaded every single page. I don't use a phone or a tablet, so maybe scrolling is more convenient in that format, but I wouldn't know.

It seem if they are going to offer "scroll view" for full size charts, wouldn't it make sense to get the page number format back for candleglance? Wouldn't that keep both the "scrollers" and the "pagers" happy? (I'm assuming they made the change because some users - phone or tablet people - requested it.)
  • I wouldn't assume they had a user reason. I think they go where the development talent goes. ACP would be a good example. The ACP-like enhancements to SharpCharts is pretty obvious to me.
  • If they keep Auto Scroll, we can throw RANKING out the window. Why RANK a chartlist if you can never get to the bottom of it before dying from old age.

My PAINFUL workaround is to now have double the scans - ie - run a scan to rank from low to high, and AGAIN from high to low, so I can quickly see the extremes.

Easy money is made at the extremes, not the middle range. The middle is a muddled mix of going higher, going lower, and stalled . ... Buying and selling the extremes is much easier ... over bought, over sold, extreme high, extreme low, indicator rankings, turning up, turning down, daily turning up against weekly still down, etc.

I think the programmers are just blindly following Grayson down the dusty gravel road ...
  • I sent a note to Support commenting on the slowness of auto scroll candleglance and how it forces you to review a list in the order the pages are loaded vs. page number candleglance that loads faster and is more flexible. I also pointed out that if you click on an autoscroll chart to see the Sharpcharts version, when you click back to candleglance it has to reload all over again. I requested that they add back the page number version candleglance, not necessarily to replace autoscroll, since some people probably want it, but in addition to it.
  • markd ... good.

I am very surprised they did not think of this. I think they are just doing what Grayson tells them to do.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited June 2022
    The Team snuck some new features out last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTOL9iFbwjA

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Well, this weekend is very exciting for StockCharts.com. The long awaited Bainbridge release is this weekend. I'm not going to tell you why they call it Bainbridge but it's got to be clever and creative. Be sure to check out the What's New section of the website to get the latest information as it becomes available. Grayson did say that 2021 was going to be the year that they tackled some SharpCharts issues and by golly, this is the year!!

Don't 'tune in' Grayson's show from yesterday as he can only tease what is coming this weekend. Plus, the show is unnecessarily long and unwatchable and minimally informative, but... next week's show is going to have a TON of new features to cover. A TON!! Stay tuned!!
  • I don't recommend torturing yourself listening to this overly repetitive video. But... around the 28 minute mark he makes reference to some big changes coming to the SharpCharts platform in the next couple months. Maybe THIS is the year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5e47ey2APw
  • This show is about the biggest most important day you've been waiting for at StockCharts.com and YOU can participate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzZAzyMXC4&t=2s
  • Grayson did hint that the next update release will be out before the end of the year. And Grayson did hint that the bulk of the release will be in relation to the SharpCharts platform.

I just hope that these updates to SharpCharts aren't just moving some of the pre-existing ACP stuff into SharpCharts. That would be a big letdown, for me. I haven't found an ACP only indicator that I wish were in SharpCharts. Some of the ACP only indicators are currently available for use in the Scan Workbench filters. I don't need to see them on the chart. I hope that's not the 'big' changes he hints at.
  • I am paid up thru 2025. Despite it's flaws, that shows you what I think of this software.
  • Got me beat. I'm only through early 2024. Next update is coming. They are calling it Camano, just so you can keep track of their cute naming conventions. I believe it's pronounce ca-MAY-no. I'm hoping the one after that is called Delridge or Dunlap. It's so much more fun that they are using names of releases instead of numbers or dates. Adds to the excitement and anticipation.
  • Well..... it appears that SharpChart users aren't getting any significant changes afterall. At least not with this week's update release. Camano appears to be extensively ACP once again.

The link below he covers in 45 minutes what he should be able to cover in 10 minutes. The "what's new tease is in the last few minutes of the video. The new MOBILE APP lets you chart on the go.

I guess that when he said in 2021 that "this is the year" when talking about updates to the SharpCharts platform his fingers were crossed just off screen. Terribly disappointing from my perspective. I'd just like them to fix the axis labels on the PnF charts in CandleGlance. Maybe next release in a few months. They've only been incorrectly displaying for a couple decades or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2hMqnAabU
  • Well, I haven't explored all of the 'huge collection of dynamic new tools", but maybe next update will be something of use for SharpCharts users. Codename "Camano" is my codename "Thud" to describe what sound was made for my hopes that this WAS the year.

"A huge collection of dynamic new tools and features are rolling out around StockCharts this weekend as part of our latest product release, codenamed "Camano". As the team gets everything sprinkled out across the site over the next day or so, you'll notice additions, updates and enhancements like:

- The official StockCharts mobile app for iOS devices

- "Earnings Calendar" with reported results and upcoming announcement dates

- "Options Summary" page with calls, puts, and the complete chain table

- "Sample Chart Gallery" gives you access to expertly-crafted chart templates

- "Sample Scan Library" lets you browse and run dozens of pre-built market screens

And those are just a few of the big ones! To help you learn more about all that's included in our latest update, be sure to check out the release notes."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5sp3x0L3C8
  • Link to release notes.

https://stockcharts.com/new/release-2022-12.html

Looks like they added a new way to add charts to chartlists from the Earnings page
    They added some Landry indicators to the Technical Attributes in the Scan Workbench. Of course, you can't see the indicators on the SharpChart, but you can see them on your ACP using the Landry Plug-In. It's a free plug-in.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    If this latest update isn't proof that they don't have any SharpCharts capable programmers on staff, I don't know what is. I'm talking about the Camano release. They are naming them now so that you can easily follow along with them.

They did add the ability to make ACP charts slightly usable if you have multiple indicators on them. They added a button on the indicator that you can make that indicator big and hide the others on your chart so that you can read that one. Then, when you are done reading that indicator, click the button again and they all go back to unreadable size. Then click on the next one you'd like to actually see. They are trying to recreate the great wheel (SharpCharts) and aren't doing it very well in my opinion. Such a disappointment.

The ChartStyle templates section is so exciting. Glad they got that up. Grayson says that everyone is excited about that feature.
  • This really isn't my wheelhouse, but I think the better interactive charting/trading platforms, like ThinkOrSwin, use a client (software and data on the user's device) for many of their features, which limits the amount of send/receive traffic over the internet, yet allows the user tremendous flexibility and detail. It seems Stockcharts wants to avoid using a client by sticking to a purely internet-based method. So you get ACP. I'm not a developer so maybe I'm not up to date. I don't know if it's the right business move for Stockcharts to compete with TOS and the others, but maybe it's what most of the market wants and the old timers like me have to step to the side. Old Stockcharts was (remains) perfect for me, but for newbies, they probably want something that looks/feels like other things they use on the internet.
  • I agree @markd. They are doing something but not explaining well what it is. I too am happy that they haven't messed up the SharpCharts platform YET. It still remains my go to website for analysis and scanning.

Don't know if you use TOS on a phone, but it's really a desktop application. TOS took a major step in providing new enhancements that make it so good after TDA acquired Scottrade and the Scottrade Elite team of programmers in 2017.

I recently signed up with StockRover for a year term. I needed a portfolio tool for tracking and backtesting a couple of systems I'm working on and Nasdaq Dorsey Wright absolutely destroyed their portfolio tool with their last two system updates. StockRover offers a flexible and efficient tool for portfolios. Their scanning tools are pretty good with a plethora of technical, fundamental and ranking/ rating systems to use as filters.

An abbreviated New edition of StockCharts In Focus, provides an indepth look "Exploring the Official STOCKCHARTS MOBILE APP". I guess ALL CAPS is in. StockCharts did recently hire a Director of Site Content. She was Managing Editor for Technical Analysis of Stocks & Commodities magazine for 15+ years. I think she may be scripting him better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbT1esRpC_Y
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    THIS IS THE YEAR!!! Huge, Huge, Huge announcements coming in the next couple of weeks regarding changes to the SharpCharts platform.

Skip to the 2:10 mark to hear him talk about "pulling back the curtains" on the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_krvS-UBPA

My guess is they will be filling in some of the COMING SOON!!! data on the Symbol Summary page and maybe even adding some of that Symbol Summary data into the scan engine.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    skip to 3 minute mark or so to hear a tease about "monumental changes" coming to SharpCharts. "Technology previews" will be rolled out in the coming weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruj7Y-nl3AU
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    Chip talking about SharpCharts and ACP

This is Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67xQuYV39n4

Chip and Julius talking about other thoughts on data visualization
    This is Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmsnIK06kzw
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    MARKET CARPETS is getting a HUGE UPGRADE in the coming weeks. The TEAM is doing a great job turning it into a NEXT GENERATION sharpcharts tool. Has anyone used MARKET CARPETS regularly? If you are that one or two users, YOU are going to be very happy. Amazing "technology releases"!!! Next Generation SharpCharts are going to be previewed later this month.

I'm not going to link to the episode. It's the most recent one and it was torture to watch. They need someone who actually uses the things on the site to present them. It's obvious the things he uses and doesn't. Oh, This is a very cool feature, I'm going to click on it to show it to you on the screen, if you like it, you go play around with it. Moving on....
  • Well, they aren't perfect, I know they can be quite opinionated, and if they want to do something they will, if they don't want to, they won't. But, I still haven't found anything better out there. They are the best stock charting service, in my opinion, since ProphetCharts. They are the *only* at least that i am aware of, that allows scanning for different levels of Adx.
  • I'm thinking, they eventually will add SMA's etc to Wm% in the Scan Engine if they haven't already.
  • lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I got the email and it's "another seriously huge week" Looks like ACP will have more viewing options to try and entice you.

I don't think the SharpCharts corner will have any changes of note, like being able to put the free ACP plugin indicators on the SharpChart for example, but.... we'll see. These indicators are in the scan workbench to be included in scans. Maybe they corrected the Axis on the CandleGlance PnF charts. I've been pointing that out to support for years.

"Hey There Fellow ChartWatchers
    We've got another seriously huge week coming up here at StockCharts...

It's shaping up to be one of the biggest of the year. Another round of sitewide updates will be rolling out soon, bringing you new tools, features and enhancements across every corner of the site - and beyond.

Now I can't quite reveal all the juicy details just yet but I will admit, I'm having trouble containing myself. We'll be back very soon with full details on the entire release, but for now, the little sneak peeks below will have to do!"

• lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Here we go. I guess they dropped the cute naming conventions for the releases. Camano and then

https://stockcharts.com/new/

https://stockcharts.com/new/release-2023-06.html

But, for all us SharpChart users there are some "New Technology Previews" This will be a change, but will it be an enhancement. Use the feedback form link on this page.

https://stockcharts.com/preview/
  • It's kind of Surprising, that they use Apple so often, even tho Apple uses forced Involuntary Slave Labor at their plants in Xinjiang.
  • One of my University professors said, "Why do you care (that hundreds of people have Died) in their other Foxconn plants