New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Improving scan results

I am still getting used to scanning...
1)How can I eliminate OTC stocks in my scan results
2)In scan builder, it is defaulted to US stocks. However I still get London stocks in the output. How can I eliminate stocks listed from outside US
3)I feel like I am doing too many clicks to get to the results. I have few scans(~20) stored. I click on "Run Scan", then I "store" the results to chartlist and click on "CandleGlance". Is there a one click that takes me from scanning to viewing the charts?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    gordgord admin
    Answer ✓
    Yes just start slow, it does take a bit of work to learn scanning and the learning curve is never really over.

The Default is just an example
    [type = stock]
    AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 40000]

If you want only US stocks and not OTC stocks, just modify as follows;

[type = stock]
    and [country is US]
    and [exchange is not OTCMKT]

You could also save this intro as a scan, call it "My Default" and use it as your starting point every time you write a new scan.

With respect to reducing a couple of mouse clicks, you could review the charts one at a time from the scan summary page, but it is faster to use the extra 2 mouse clicks, save to a list, then you can use the candleglance view. There is no way to review a list in candleglance without first saving that list.