New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

How to get email alerts prior to earnings?

I recently missed an entry I had made in my Google calender to sell an instrument (Lundin Mining) before earnings. I got stung for that oversight, and would like to get a better system to get emailed alerts for upcoming earnings for stocks in my portfolio.

Seem to have difficulty finding a way to accomplish this, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• markdmarkd ✭✭✭
    edited April 30 Accepted Answer
    @TSellers I haven't heard of a service that does this, but maybe one of the earnings calendar sites, like Bloomberg or Morningstar or Zacks, does it if you have a subscription. You would have to research that on your own, unless someone here knows.

Alternatively, if you track your stocks on Stockcharts, when you buy a stock, you can go to the stock's website, get the earnings date, then use the annotation tool to write a note on your daily chart. You could even add extra bars to your chart style and add some kind of annotation symbol, say an arrow or a vertical bar, on the bar for the earnings date when it comes into view.

Answers

• Thanks Mark for the suggestions. I plan to try your second one and see how it works, as I was thinking about doing something similar with my charts in MotiveWave that I also refer to every day. I may also continue to add the date to Google Calendar.
  • Check in FINVIZ, The Street.com. The date is some times advanced. Therefore, keeping checking for it frequently. Some companies issue advance news about their date. Keep reading the news for holdings every day
  • FinViz is a pretty good website, for various diff things. ScottradeElite has a option where you set earnings on the chart itself, you will see a small red E and it will give the date/time of the release.