New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

relative indexes

I have a chartlist with all the $DJUS industry indexes relative to (divided by) the $DJUS. All the charts in this list look good, but I am unable to scan this list and get any results at all. Initially I wanted to rank by ROC, but getting no results, I just searched for membership in the list; no results. Since this relative performance creates a real result I should be able to scan for it.....no?
Any help?

David

Comments

• Options
    I don't think so. As far as I know, the scan engine runs against a database of individual symbols. Your list contains a series of ratios, which are not actually symbols, even though they are made up of two symbols. The ratios are not in the database, they are calculated values that don't get stored (they get recalculated when you open the list). When you run scan against a list, it picks up the symbols in that list. But your list is apparently only ratios.

If you run a ROC scan against a list of the individual symbols, and include the $DJUS, those that come out above the $DJUS will be outperforming it, and those below underperforming. The order will be the same as it would be for the ROC of the ratios because your list is dividing all the symbols by the same value.
  • Options
    If you view your list in Candleglance view and then select the ROC period you are looking for. You can SEE the ROC but it's not sortable. You can also view your list in summary view and pick different time periods, sort it that way, then number it. RS is interesting but a distant secondary or tertiary level of interest in my personal system.
  • Options
    If you view your list in Candleglance view and then select the ROC period you are looking for. You should be able to SEE the ROC but it's not sortable. You can also view your list in summary view and pick different time periods, sort it that way, then number it. RS is interesting but a distant secondary or tertiary level of interest in my personal system. I have a similar list but used all the ETF's vs RSP, so maybe it's coming up different on my list as it's actual securities vs index/index.
  • Options
    You can also view the Price Relative (against anything) in candleglance view. So you can see the comparator visually on the candleglance view