New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

How do I eliminate all ETFs from the scan below?

[type = stock] and [exchange = NYSE] and [ Close > 10]
and [macd line < 0]
and [macd line >= macd signal]
and [yesterday's macd line < yesterday's macd signal]
and [2 days ago macd line < 2 days ago macd signal]
and [3 days ago macd line < 3 days ago macd signal]

Comments

• ADD and [group is not etf]
  • Thank you. That does eliminate many, but I still get over 15 "funds", like, (ACV) AllianzGI Diversified Income & Convertible Fund, (BGH) Babson Capital Global Short Duration High Yield Fund and others. Thoughts?
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited March 2017
    I had a similar problem to eliminate partnerships, trusts, etc. for some of my lists, so I used these:

and [name not contains 'LP']
    and [name not contains 'L P']
    and [name not contains 'L.P.']
    and [name not contains 'LLC']
    and [name not contains 'Royalty']
    and [name not contains 'Trust']

Obviously, there is not always uniformity in abbreviating issue names.

You could probably just use

and [name not contains 'Fund']

and/or any other word that seems to commonly occur in names of issues you don't want.

Sometimes you might want to eliminate classes of stock but keep the original symbol. If the symbol contains "/", you can eliminate it with:

and [symbol not contains "/"]

Not every instance of classes seems to use the "/" though. Also, if there are classes you do want that include the "/", you can't use this approach.

Note that "name" is not the same as "symbol". So "International Business Machines" is the name and "IBM" is the symbol. I know it's obvious, but it's a mistake I made, so...

• Thank you!! I will try those changes. It seems to me, at least, that there should be a more simplistic means to eliminate such entities. Appreciate your detail and willingness to help!