New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Automated trading systems

I would like to hear the opinion on automated trading systems such as the one in Tradestation or any other automated systems from any members that have used them. Are they any good?

Comments

• Options
    There are thousands of users of Tradestation so it is a popular and wide accepted product, it is a reliable platform, so is that "good"?

But I don't think that is your real question, what most people want to know is can you plug in a box and money comes out. The answer is, welcome to a very well worn path. The subject is as complex as being a pilot, you would not expect to fly a 747 on your first try, would you? I would not recommend automated trading until you read a lot of books, and can trade manually before you let a computer make your mistakes fast and more efficiently. You might read this book to understand just how tough this really is.
    https://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Based-Technical-Analysis-Scientific-Statistical/dp/0470008741