New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Scan to return previous day close

I was trying to return a scan that will provide me with previous day close price. Currently I’m only able to return current day close price.Any suggestions

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2018
    A scan only returns symbols that match the scan criteria you provide and some data associated with the matching symbols.

For each matching symbol, the results page displays the *current* day's close (and other data, like the stock name, sector, industry, etc.). This is true even if you set the run date for the scan to a past date.

Also, while you can write a scan that looks at the previous day's close, for example

and [1 day ago close > 10]

the results page will still show today's close, not the 1 day ago close.

To verify the scan results, you would download the charts to a list, then apply a chart style with the end date set to the date for 1 day ago.

• Agree with Markd's comments, but you could also add the following as the last line in your scan.

rank by [1 day ago close]
  • That's right. Didn't think of that. Thanks!