New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Moving Average Envelope Technical Alert

Hi all!

I'd like to create a moving average envelope alert where the price of a ticker (example below) sends me an alert when the price goes 8% over the 50 day moving average. I think the best way to do this is with a moving average envelope. I set one up and it already sent me an alert which means I have it set up wrong as the stock I was using is not 10% over the 50 day. I also would like it intraday instead of closing price, I assume the syntax "close" refers to the prior day close? Anyone have any tips on how to write this alert?

thanks!!

[symbol starts with 'GOOGL']
and [Upper MA Env(50,10) > close]

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2018
    I think you want to reverse your terms. As it is, your scan asks for an alert if the close is BELOW (less than) the upper envelope. So I think you want

and [close > Upper MA Env(50,10)]

"close" refers to the most recent update. Updates occur intraday, so you will get an alert the FIRST TIME the condition occurs intraday.

Here's the documentation. Refer to the "Alert Processing" section.

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=alerts
  • Awesome! thank you so much!!