New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

writing a scan for the weekly standard deviation(10) ten week sma (52) week

I am trying to write a scan to determine the weekly standard deviation 10 week with a simple moving average of 52 weeks, so that i can find etf's with specific sd 10 week 52 week sma less than a specific number result like .10
i can put these paramater in a chart and it show the SD of an etf/stock exampleON A WEEKLY CHART
SELECTION THE INDICATOR STANDARD DEVIATION PARAMATER 10 WITH AN OVERLAY SIMPLE MOVING AVERAGE 52
i have tryed to write a scan to get to this data with no luck example:
//[WEEKLY Std Deviation(10),SMA(52) <= .10]
another one
[WEEKLY Std Deviation, SMA(52) > .10]
another one
[SMA(52, STANDARD DEVIATION(10)) < .10]

has any one done this??

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited March 2019
    I think you want this. It passes syntax, but I did not verify whether the results are correct.

and [weekly Std Deviation(10, weekly sma(52)) <0.10]

// optional, add this if you want to see the results in order
    rank by [weekly Std Deviation(10, weekly sma(52))]

The default version of Std Deviation takes only one parameter, but the documentation shows it can take another one:

https://stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?id=scans:indicators#standard_deviation_std_deviation
  • You are right it did pass syntax but for some strange reason I got 999 results and std deviations greater than .10
  • mark guess what I just reversed your code and IT WORKED:
    [weekly sma(52, weekly std deviation(10)) < .10 ]
    THANKS FOR YOU HELP AL