New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

I am trying to create a Scan Dump like Author Hill uses

does anyone know where i can locate the method to create a Scan Dump like Author Hill's

Best Answer

• markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2019 Answer ✓
    From your description, it is just a chart list. Click the "+New" button on the Your ChartLists bar and call it anything you want.

I have one, too, only I call it 00 Raw Scan Results.

The "00" is there just to be sure the list appears first at the top of the page so I don't have to go looking for it when I save scan results.

So, if I run a set up scan (e.g. MACD crossover above rising 200 MA), I put the results in the Raw Scan list, delete the unpromising one, then copy the remainder to a "permanent" list for that particular set up.

Answers

• I haven't seen what you are referring to, but if you want to see all your scans at once, click on the "View All" button on the Advanced Scan Workbench page in the upper right corner above the green Advanced Editor On button.
  • no markd, A. Hill and Erin S., both have created a dumping place in a chartlist called a Scan Dump for scans they do not want to keep very long. I am not sure how they do the Erin Swelin mentioned it on 4/13/19 on StockChartsTV but it was live and I could not bring it back up to find out her method.