New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Full Stochastic 20 to 50 crossover

MacRMacR
edited November 2021 in Scanning
Hello,
I try to learn by watching the discussions as opposed to asking questions. Is it not as popular as a other scans? Questions and results on full Stochastic line crossover question between 20 and 50 are old and run into many page not found? I am having difficulty writing a scan to find a crossover between 20 and 50 on a full with 14,3,3 parameters. Is it not a used a great deal in coordination with other indicators? I see a great deal of information above the 50 mark.
Thank you for any assistance as this is a great place for information.
Appreciative,

Michael
Mkoenning1@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    I wasn't aware this is a popular use of Full K (I always thought it KxD below 20).

It's not quite as straightforward as it seems.

The first condition is pretty straight forward - just %K crosses above %D.

and [Full Stoch %K(14,3,3) x Full Stoch %D(14,3,3)]

So that says, yesterday %K was less than %D and today %K is more than %D.

Now, when you say the crossover was between 20 and 50, what do you mean?

Remember, both %K AND %D have changed values since the previous bar. %D may have been below 20 yesterday, or, it may be above 50 today. Do those instances count?

So, if %D was less than 20 yesterday, but above 20 today, do you want to include it?

If yes, then write

and [Full Stoch %D(14,3,3) > 20]

if no,

and [1 day ago Full Stoch %D(14,3,3) >20]

Then, if %D was less than 50 yesterday, but above 50 today, do you want to include it?

If yes,

and [1 day ago Full Stoch %D(14,3,3) < 50]

if no,

and [Full Stoch %D(14,3,3) < 50]