New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Pulling my Hair Out

VERY new to scans going somewhat crazy here...The operator is as follows [[type=stock] or[group is ETF] ]
and [Volume(50)>400,000]
and [[favorites list is 27]or [favorites list is 18]or[favorites list is 15]or[favorites list is 14]or [favorites list is 12]or [favorites list is 31 ]or [favorites list is 19] ]
and [todays low > yesterdays low]and[ yesterdays low > 2 days ago low ]
Using advanced scan workbench...States syntax is correct but caution sign on the left states: There is a mismatch between the time periods or offsets.Make sure this is intentional.....
WHAT does this mean it is posted in the column for [todays low > yesterdays low]and[ yesterdays low > 2 days ago low ]

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited December 2021
    The "mismatch" message is just to make sure you know you are comparing values from from different different bars (or sometimes timeframes - e.g comparing weekly values to daily values). I'm guessing they were getting, or anticipating, support questions stemming from that kind of error. So, if the date modifiers don't match (e.g. todays vs yesterdays) it probably kicks out the message, even if, as in your case, it makes perfect sense. The "yellow" messages are just cautions - they don't keep the scan from running and they don't affect the results.

p.s. I ran your scan. Apparently, some of your list numbers match mine because I got three stocks in the results. But it also got quite a few ETFs, which are not in any of my lists. So, if you run the scan, you would get hits from your lists, AND also ETFs that may or may not be in your lists.

If you are scanning just your lists, then you don't need the type is stock and group is ETF line - you don't need to qualify what is already in your list (unless your lists include different types of symbols (e.g. stocks, etfs, inverse etfs, mutual funds, commodities, indexes, etc), and you only want certain kinds).