New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

How can I scan US equity ETFs filtering out bonds, overseas assets etc?

I would like to work on US equity ETFs only, filtering out bonds, overseas equities etc. Can anyone assist please?

Thanks,

Richard

Best Answers

• markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    On the advanced scan workbench page, look at the drop downs under the scan writing window and find "Indexes and ETFs", select one of the ETF options.

I'm not sure if there is an easy way to limit the ETFs to US equity funds. You may want to scan first for all ETFs and put the results into a list. Then edit the list for things that don't interest you. Then write your scans with that list as the universe (select your list name from the Chartlists dropdown instead of the Indexes and ETFs drop down).
  • Answer ✓
    Great idea, Mark! I can see that this would create exactly the universe I need. However, there'll have to be some initial heavy lifting as the first cut produces >500 ETFs! I'll see how I can minimize it further before tackling it.

Much appreciated!
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    @richardkellman

To find ETFs you know you want, you could try key word scans against the list or the SC database like

[group is ETF]
    and [name contains 'Gold']

or maybe a particular sponsor

and [name contains 'iShares']

Or, you can exclude ones you know you don't want

[group is ETF]
    and [name not contains 'Bond']

Answers