New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Predicting Next Day Gap Ups

I know this is a crazy request, but are there any ..even remote technical indicators or signals, that might give even an inkling as to a potential gap up on the next days open ? I realize that the geo/political/news/earnings can affect gaps, but so many gap ups seem to occur even with no significant news. A lot of profit can be made on gap ups, especially on high ATR stocks.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe look at the bid/ask spread and see the number of investors that might be easily taken out
  • Options
    of course earnings will play a vital role as well as any footprints of insider trading. Eager to hear what other investors might add.
  • Options
    Just guessing - some gaps may occur on the most widely followed technical indicator signals. A lot of retail traders would see them and act all at once together. That would take some research to verify.
  • Options

there are some websites that offer dark pool info but I had hit-or-miss luck with those