New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

DI Plus cross within a specific lookback period

I am trying to scan for DI Plus crossing above DI Minus within a specific lookback period. Can anyone provide the formula for this, or steer me to the material that will help me work through it? Many thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    Answer ✓
    I think you could start with looking for DI Plus > DI Minus today and DI Plus < DI minus 5 days ago.

So,

[group is SP500] // or your universe

and [Plus DI(14) > Minus DI(14)]
    and [5 days ago Plus DI(14) > 5 days ago Minus DI(14)]

This gets 348 hits before the close (11/29). I didn't look at the results. Should be good, but take a look if its what you want.

You could use the calendar tool on the workbench page above the scan window to run the scan as of some past date to see crossovers in another time window. Not sure that's what you are looking for.

Answers

• Options
    Also trying to learn how to change between time periods in the lookback period. For example, if we want to scan for stocks that have had the DI Plus cross above DI Minus within the last five days versus the last weeks.