New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Crosses instead of Greater than

This one is probably going to be as clear as mud.

[Favorites List is 23]

and [[[High X 1 Day ago Upper BB(20,2)] and [[MACD Line(12,26,9) > MACD Signal(12,26,9)] or [RSI(14) > 56.0]]] or [[Close X Upper BB(20,1)] and [MACD Line(12,26,9) < MACD Signal(12,26,9)] and [RSI(14) < 56.0]]]. This does not work the way that I want it to work.

[Favorites List is 23]

and [[[High > 1 Day ago Upper BB(20,2)] and [[MACD Line(12,26,9) > MACD Signal(12,26,9)] or [RSI(14) > 56.0]]] or [[Close X Upper BB(20,1)] and [MACD Line(12,26,9) < MACD Signal(12,26,9)] and [RSI(14) < 56.0]]]. This version does give me the results that I want to see but it also gives me results that I don't want to see as well. I only want to see the first time that price crosses above the upper BB and not every time price is above the upper BB.

Any idea why the X doesn't seem to work as I imagine it? On Jan 6th 2022, XLF rose from below to above the upper BB but the scan will not pick it up unless I change the X to >. I know that I could add more criteria asking for yesterday's close below the previous days BB would work.

Comments

• Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    The High didn't cross the 1 day ago upper BB. It was greater than the 1 day ago Upper BB. Jan 3rd 2022 might be a cross
  • Options
    Thanks, I I know a way to fix it. It takes a little more criteria than just a cross