New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

In the new version, how to have that earnings date in the Scan and/or its results?

In the new version, how to have that earnings date in the Scan and/or its results?

Answers

• Options
    Select it from the Ticker Properties Dropdown in the Scan workbench. There are two filters to use

• Options
    I included in the scan (> 20240211) but it still brought out the symbols that reported earlier like AMZN, MSFT...etc..WHY?
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited February 12
    can you include a copy of your scan code. It is much easier to assist with seeing the complete lines.

Snippets like (> 20240211) don't provide enough information to help

You can see the earnings dates on the charts by using the "Full Quote" option in the Chart Attributes settings.

• Options
    [type = stock] AND [country = US] AND [Daily SCTR > 75] AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 5000000] AND [Daily SMA(60,Daily Close) > 100]
    and [next earnings date > 20240211]

This still does not work.
    That is it still shows the tickers those reported prior to Feb 11.
    Examples META, AMZN, MSFT, NFLX..etc.

Check this URL. Read the scan codes and the stocks

https://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/ScanUI

https://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/ScanUI
  • Options
    IT SEEMS THE URL DOES NOT BRING OUT ..my scan entries and its result.

The following is the entry I got it from the advanced scan work bench in Ticker Properties selection.

• Options
    It seems = sign works.
    I put in the date 20240221...I got NVDA
  • Options
    OK I found the way to do. One has to do the bounded way.
    That is either = sign or two statements with > and then < to bracket the range of days. Otherwise it seems it looks for the next whole year
  • Options
    How to have the earnings date shown in the chart?
  • Options

next earnings date for AMZN and MSFT are > 20240211

their next earnings dates are 20240425 and 20240430

If you are looking to exclude those dates to things that have just reported then you need to use previous earnings date.

previous earnings date defaults into the workbench like this

and [previous earnings date < 20230831] // prior earnings date is less than 8/31/2023

you can tighten that to more recent period by using the > and using a week ago, for example, to get the last week's earnings.

Previous earnings are going to be capped by the current date. No securities have a previous earnings date of next week, for example, until they have reported next week.

Next earnings date looks forward, previous earnings look back.

On your chart, you can use the Full Quote option in the ChartStyle Attributes to show the previous and next earnings dates.

• Options
    Hello:
    You gave me some explanation. That is OK.

I use FINVIZ to check the earnings date and time.
    StockCharts is still antiquated.
    Not big improvement for the EXTRA members and non-ACP users.
    VERY DISAPPOINTING.
    I like the carpet update.

I would like the FULL QUOTE tick box at the top of the chart.
    So one can quickly look at the full quote

Can you please answer the following question?

How to show up the past earnings date in the chart?
    [ I do not mean the data area ]?
    That is very visual and helps to find the reaction after the earnings.
  • Options
    Only available in ACP. Right Click on the Chart. Go to Chart Settings. Scroll down the panel on the left and find EVENTS. Put Check in the the Earnings box.

All the previous earnings (in the database) should show. You can see forward by putting a cloud in your chart indicators
  • Options
    Also on the Chartlist Summary view, you can see the Earnings Date Columns and sort by those columns. In Summary view, click on the Columns box and then select what columns you would like to display in the Summary view. Next and Last Earnings are options to select there (scroll down the list).

Tom Bowley mentioned that it's a great way to see your Chartlists by sorting in Next Earnings date order so you can see actions leading up to and reactions after earnings are announced.
  • Options
    Thanks for your explanation.

In the past > 10 years I asked many question to the support team.
    They never answered any. I was very disappointed.

Thanks! You are helping me well.

One of the frustrating thing is:
    In the screened list, in readable monitor settings, the list columns are going out of my screen.
    One can hide some unnecessary columns like Exchanges.
    But the name of the stocks column width is so wide.
    That still pushes the volume column outside my monitor.

I thing hiding the name of the stocks will help a lot.
    Will they make that option possible?

Another problem.
    I use Firefox.

In Firefox when I try to print the screened list in landscape format.
    It only shows some columns.
    Other columns in the list are not shown in the printable page.
    Any solution?

Thanks in advance
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited February 15
    Ah, wasted space and improperly formatted columns are two of my biggest complaints of most websites. They don't care. It's not like they are using it. I personally like fixed width columns, based around the expected data for the column.

Printing, instead of Fit to page width, try Scaling to 85% in the print settings
  • Options
    First thanks for the reply.

It seems you are not working for StockCharts.
    I think you share my frustration

I forgot to tell you that.
    Down scaling does not bring the left out columns within the printable page. That is something weired
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited February 15
    Almost nobody posting on this site works for StockCharts.com. A long while ago maybe there were employees assisting here with questions, but for the most part, s.c.a.n. is a user forum that they created and sponsor to allow for users to interact.

I don't print stuff off in general but, using Firefox, when I run a scan and go to print the results, with all of the columns, and change the settings on the print, it does print all the results columns for me.

Maybe use the Download CSV button on the Member Actions and then formatting that csv to print will work better for you? I do have frustrations with StockCharts.com but printing isn't one we share. Trying to make things work better is probably something that most users on this forum do share. It's helped me out tremendously.

• Options
    Thanks HUKWIN for the time you took to explain to me for all the questions I posted.

THANKS AGAIN
  • Options
    @lmkwin I can't figure out what you mean by "put a cloud in your chart indicators" to see future earnings.....I used to be able to see earnings dates on my chart....now it doesn't show up even though I have it selected to show in the settings. And I used to be able to see earnings (including AMC or BMO) by clicking on the Symbol Summary over on the right, but now earnings just has dashes and no dates. I contacted them and got the usual canned response. Has anyone else found a way to fix this for themselves or are we just left to do without it?
  • Options
    lmkwinlmkwin ✭✭
    edited March 3
    I can see the Earnings dates in the Full Quote header on my Classic SharpChart. Full Quote is one of the options to check off in the Chart Attributes area of the settings. On the ACP chart you can do the same but right now it is showing no dates and on Symbol Summary it appears that no dates are showing.

To display inside an ACP chart, you can select Events to show on the chart. Earnings is an Event that you can select to show. And you can select to show it on the price bars. To see the Future Earnings date on the chart you need to add the Ichimoku Cloud to your chart as that will expand your chart period to display into the future. It appears that the Earnings Dates are not showing at this time on ACP nor Symbol Summary.

I report a lot of things to Support as well. I think that they are buried under trying to figure out what when wrong between their testing and going live with the update.

Also in Summary View on a ChartList you can select to show the Last and Next Earnings columns in that view. It is one way to see the data if it's available.
  • Options
    @lmkwin very helpful, thanks for taking the time, I appreciate it......