New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Relative Performance Scan

Written from a daily perspective.
Finds stocks that have outperformed your chosen index for 6mo, 3mo, 1mo and the last week. That is, above the line in all 4.
I have not found a way to add sector and industry outperformance to the scan, so that will require a chart review of the results.
Helpful?

//
and [ PctRelative(126,$spx) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(126,$industry) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(126,$sector) > 0 ]
//
and [ PctRelative(5,$spx) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(5,$industry) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(5,$sector) > 0 ]
//
and [ PctRelative(63,$spx) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(63,$industry) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(63,$sector) > 0 ]
//
and [ PctRelative(21,$spx) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(21,$industry) > 0 ]
and [ PctRelative(21,$sector) > 0 ]
//
rank by [sctr]

Comments

• Options
    Very helpful. Thanks.

Here are my comments ....
    a) move the 5 set below the 21 set, to keep order (could prevent future errors)

b) comment out the 5 set. 5 days is too small. This increased my sort from 24 to 37, for example. Perhaps you can find a pullback here.

c) here are additional RANK BY you can use ... (use only ONE per scan) (they each tell a different story)
    // rank by [ PMO Line(35,20,10) ]
    // rank by [ monthly PctRelative(1,$spx) + monthly PctRelative(2,$spx) + monthly PctRelative(3,$spx) ]
    // rank by [ MONTHLY PctRelative(1,$spx) + MONTHLY PctRelative(1,$spx) + MONTHLY PctRelative(2,$spx) ]
    // rank by [ close/SMA(8) + GoNoGo Oscillator ] // the close/SMA(8) just adds a small decimal value to the narrow GnG -6 to +6 range

d) you can optionally add this strength criteria if you need to ...
    // ..... pure strength
    // ..... AND [ [ PMO Line(35,20,10) > PMO Signal(35,20,10) ] and [ PMO Line(35,20,10) >= 0 ] ]