New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

the Indicator Stochastics RSI 14

re: the Indicator Stochastics RSI 14

I am trying to write a scan that when the Indicator Stochastics RSI 14 crosses up and over the exp moving average 5 and then write a scan that Indicator Stochastics RSI 14 crosses back down over the exp moving average 5.

Ran the scanner and it just sits there and does nothing. However if I place a // before the last line, then all of the resulting stocks will have closing prices less than 10. That is not right. It has to find stocks above $10.00.

The following is as far as I can go.

Scan 20B - Stoch RSI 14 xover ema 5

[type = stock] AND [COUNTRY = US]
and [ stoch RSI(14) x EMA(5)]
AND [Daily Volume > 500000]
AND [Daily Close > 10]

Scan 20C - ema 5 over Stoch RSI 14

and [ EMA(5) x stoch RSI(14)]
AND [Daily Close > 10]

Now, if the a scan like the following can find stocks (13 of them today) greater than $10.00 then why not the above.

Scan 20A - RSI xover EMA 5

and [ RSI(14) X EMA(5)]
AND [Daily Close > 10]

thanks in advance,

Quill -

Best Answer

Answers

• Can you post a link to a chart that shows what you are looking for.

Seems you maybe mixing two different indicators, RSI 14 and EMA 5, or do you mean the EMA 5 of the RSI 14?
  • gord,

See the attached model chart I use.

Look at the bottom panel for October 13 to buy and to sell on October 23.
    The chart is from Freestockcharts dot com, however I use the stockcharts dot com to use the scanning tool as well as viewing stockcharts charts.

The third panel is used for beginners using a simple scanning tool.
    or http://www.onlinetradingconcepts.com/TechnicalAnalysis/CommodityChannelIndex.html

I use the third panel from the top to find stocks for the bottom panel because stockcharts scanning tool at the present is not working even though all other scanning tools I use all find stocks that are above $10.00. There seems to be something wrong and I am totally confused.

There is no confusion, I use one scan to find the xovers heading North and another scan to find at the xover for heading South. At each panel on the chart, I have two maybe three scanning tools for each. The second panel down has three scanning tools, the third panel down has 3 or 4 scanning tools.

Today 11/13/14 at this moment, there is a BUY Signal to buy NAVI at $20.48. Look at the chart showing the cross over. The scanning tool would have found it instead of doing everything manually.

Hope this can help in what I am trying to do.

best regards

Quill -
  • Gord,

Thank you very very much.

Ran the scanning tool and I found NAVI on the list just like I spotted it by hand this morning confirming that your new line will be added to my scanning tool that works just perfectly now.

re wrote the EMA 5 over Stoch RSI 14 Scanning tool in finding stocks heading south at the xover.

My best regards,

Quill -