New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Alert when Wm%R falls under -20

Hi everyone,
I've got a chartlist with a number of funds i set up with a weekly period and with a Wm%R(10) overlay.
I'm trying to set up an alert for when Wm%R(10) falls below -20 for any of these.

Wm%R is available as a technical indicator for the alert, but having trouble with configuring the script so it reflects a weekly (not daily) period and for Wm%R(10) indicator.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited May 9
    You need to add a time frame modifier in front of everything that will take one - the time frame modifiers are "daily", "weekly" and "monthly". For instance, for the indicator it would be

and [weekly Williams %R(14) < -20.0] // modify to suit your needs

If you have other requirements, like volume, those need to be modified, too, to be consistent. For instance,

and [weekly sma(10, weekly volume) > 1000000] // or whatever

You might also want to add something about past Williams readings being above -20, so,

and [2 weeks ago weekly Williams %R(14) > -20] // or something like that

Otherwise, you may get anything that is below -20 for any amount of time instead of something just arriving there.

• thanks

does this script look right?:
    [symbol is 'xlu']
    and [weekly williams %R(10) < -20.0]
    and [1 week ago weekly williams %R(10) > -20.0]

I have 5 etfs in a chartlist that i wanted to get an alert for based on this Williams%R change.
    Do i need to do a separate alert for each of the 5 ETFs or is there a way to reference all 5 at once in the chartlist?
  • markdmarkd mod
    You should be able to use a list.

On the alert workbench, find the drop down labelled "Your Chartlists".

Select the list you want and click "Add". You should get something like

and [favorites list is 99] // name of your list

Move this text to the top of your scan so it is the first line and edit out the "and", so it looks something like this:

[favorites list is 99] // name of your list
    and [weekly williams %R(10) < -20.0]
    and [1 week ago weekly williams %R(10) > -20.0]
  • perfect, thanks!