New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

What is this indicator and it's settings?

Hello!

I was curious if anyone knew what David Larew was using to get this indicator he lists on a lot of his charts? I can't figure out what indicator he is using or his settings.

I am looking for the indicator and it's settings that are within the red box in the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/1Z941mk

Thank you!

Best Answers

Answers

• Thank you!

How were you able to determine the settings used by David?
  • He is an expert. If you are familiar with the indicators, it is easy to recognize. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was either MACD Hist, PPO with no smoothing, or PVO. So, I was going to experiment to see which of these 3 it could be. I knew it would likely be MACD Hist.
  • I think now I am a little confused @gord. How did you know the MACD Hist Parameters? Another question would be: cathoduzz did not include a stockcharts URL in this post nor is it found in the imgur link. So, how could he convert the image URL to the charting URL if he did not have a URL to start with? :\

P.S. Thanks for the great tip about the image URL feature!
  • @Kevo Hey man. He did it by finding David Larew's charts. He's a common public poster @ stockcharts.com.
  • Kevo just as Cathoduzz figured, just a quick google search for David Larew's $SPX chart, then as per the instructions I provided previously.