New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Is there a way to create my own technical indicators with a formula i have defined?

I'm new here and I have a technical indicator question.

I have created a couple of formulas that will plot 2 lines based on Highest Highs (plot as green line) and Lowest Lows (plot as red line) over the last 100 periods. I want to create this technical indicator out of these 2 formulas, save this for constant use, and plot it in my SharpCharts Workbench along with the other predefined indicators I'm using.

Is there a way to do this in StockCharts?

Thanks for any information you might provide or point me to in the documentation of Stock Charts?

Keithde

Best Answer

Answers

• Your post reminds me of a recent post that @gord answered: best values for triple ema crossover

Have a look at gord's comment. Basically, for EXTRA and above members, you can use the "User Defined Index Workbench" as a custom indicator because you can upload the results of the calculations from your own indicator. Just plot the UDI as an overlay or drop it in the indicator panel. I think it only plots one line. So, for two formulas, you might have to delete and re-upload. Just FYI.

P.S. gord's solution above seems faster and easier.