New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Help creating a scan

I'm trying to create a scan that ....scans etfs priced between $1 to $10 that lists the largest percent increase over 30 days. This is what I have so far from browsing the site....[type = stock] and [group is etf] and [optionable is true] and [Low > 1] and [High < 10] and [Weekly EMA (4,Weekly ROC (1)) > 1]
Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2015 Answer ✓
    Hi @BebeAnn54 , the scan engine returns only symbols, not numbers. So, to get the largest per cent increase over 30 days for symbols that meet your criteria, you would end the scan with "rank by ROC(21)", add the results to a list in sorted order and then delete the ones below your acceptable level.

So, excluding your weekly ema and optionable conditions to get more hits, your scan might look like this:

[type = stock]
    and [group is etf]
    and [Low > 1]
    and [High < 10]
    rank by ROC(21)

You can add those conditions back in and modify the ROC parameter if you want. I put in 21 because that's the average number of trading days in a month. If you really meant 30 trading days instead of 30 calendar days, change the ROC to 30.

Answers

• Thank you!! That's exactly what I needed. I really appreciate your help. Now I'm off to create my lists. ;)