New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Scan Error when adding multiplication by 100 to statement
Scan Error when adding multiplication by 100 to my,
- This statement works OK and gives me results, eg, for MSFT as 0.713
and [ weekly EMA(10,weekly ROC(1)) / weekly EMA(10,absval(weekly ROC(1))) > 0.70]
- I want to revise it to multiply results by 100 so the MSFT would then become 71.3. This is the revised scan statement I am trying to use.
and [ (( weekly EMA(10,weekly ROC(1)) / weekly EMA(10,absval(weekly ROC(1))) ) * 100) > 70]
But, when I Check Syntax I get error......... Your scan syntax is incorrect. Could not parse "" located in the clause "(( WEEKLY EMA(10,WEEKLY ROC(1)) / WEEKLY EMA(10,ABSVAL(WEEKLY ROC(1))) ) * 100) > 70"
What is the issue? Thanks for your help.....Bob
- I am performing this scan on the S&P 100 with your statement revision and of course I get both positive & negative values... and what I want to do is to find the absval so I end up with values between 0 and 100. Here is my statement,......I am getting no syntax errors but getting no scan results........
- and [ absval( [ weekly EMA(10,weekly ROC(1)) / weekly EMA(10,absval(weekly ROC(1))) ] * 100) > 70 ]
- after I completing this step I want to convert it to a Rank by statement......could you help on this one also......Thanks, Bob