New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

Indian stocks

I have asked support but never received an answer. Anyone know why Indian stocks with .in show up in my scans? I have US stocks in the scan. I do not want them in my results.

Thanks

Best Answer

• gordgord admin
    Answer ✓
    Sharptraders, yes I see your issue. I read in the whats new that Chip is adding India stocks to the database, but its just beta testing right now.

They have added about 20 symbols to check that everything is updating and working correctly. I understand that the downstream scan engine is not yet fully configured to use these new symbols. Seems the exchange identifier is set the NASD and will probably change to NSE when that section of code is created, which should solve this problem.

As far as not receiving a reply to your support question, it happens to me too. They don't have the staff to reply individually to every support question, I assume multiple reports on the same issue are elevated on the to do list of importance. Now at the same time everyone does receive an online message that "--Your question has been received and we will review it--" or something like that. It just lets you know your question has been received and logged to the list.

Answers

• markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2015
    Sounds like a programming issue that is probably being worked on as we write.

I thought you might be able to use

and [name not contain ".in"]

but it doesn't seem to work.
  • The chart header correctly shows NSE, but the scan results screen shows Exchange = NASD.
  • and if you put in your scan

and [exchange is NSE]

check syntax will mark it as incorrect.

So it looks like they are not finished with incorporating the new symbols.
  • Thanks...I tried NOT a few things but they still show up...Not sure why Support is not getting back to me...been a few days
  • That's Gord...I knew you'd come thru :)
  • OK...they are not showing up when I scan US stocks only now...Thanks Again