New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

PnF High/Low

I want to run scans on PnF using close only prices. My understanding is "close only'" is superior than "high/low". I can change the charts PnF default settings to close only- however when running scans its the "high/low" method that the
system uses. Any thoughts of getting the system to scan using Close only prices

Comments

• Options
    You ask an interesting question. I was stumped at first on what to say, but here is what I have so far. I think I have to do more research to better understand this:

Closing prices are important on Bar and CandleStick charts. PnF charts are a completely different type of chart.

PnF charts use a Box, Box size, and Reversal method for its construction. A box represents a range of prices, not closing prices. So closing prices are less emphasized.

Every change in a PnF chart is significant. Thus, this puts less emphasis on the importance of closing prices.

I don't see or know if the scans use high/low or closing prices. How do you know it uses high/low? Also, I don't know if they can be manually built in the scan engine or changed. Maybe someone else could comment on this.