New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

50/200 sma bul cross weekly

Hello guys,
Please advise
How to scan for weekly 50sma vs200sma
Bullish cross?
As well as weekly Parab SAR?

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited November 2015
    For the bullish sma cross

and [weekly sma(50, close) x weekly sma(200, close)]

You can construct this pretty easily from the drop downs in the Scan Builder section of the advanced scan page. Just select and edit for your need.

Check this link at the bottom of the Chart School article for the SAR. You will have to modify the terms to weekly.

stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:technical_indicators:parabolic_sar

Take some time to read the scan documentation. It does take a little effort to learn, but worth it if you've paid for a subscription.
  • Thanks markd
  • agv,

I think the following may help.

change Daily to Weekly, change the volume and the dollar amount to your positions.

//Scan 31A - Parabolic SAR Buy Signals 50 x 200

[type = stock] AND [country = US] AND [Daily sma(50,Daily Volume) > 500000] AND [Daily sma(200,Daily Close) > 10]
    //and [SCTR > 90]
    and [yesterday's parabolic sar > yesterday's close]
    and [parabolic sar < close]
    - - - - - - - - -
    //Scan 31B - Parabolic SAR Sell Signals 50 x 200

[type = stock] AND [country = US] AND [Daily sma(50,Daily Volume) > 500000] AND [Daily sma(200,Daily Close) > 10]
    //and [SCTR > 90]
    and [yesterday's parabolic sar < yesterday's close]
    and [parabolic sar > close]

Quill -
  • Thank you guys, will try tonight
  • Hi Quill,
    I tried, changed daily to weekly
    [type = stock] AND [country = US] AND [Weekly sma(50,Weekly Volume) > 500000] AND [Weekly sma(200,Weekly Close) > 10]
    //and [SCTR > 90]
    and [yesterday's parabolic sar > yesterday's close]
    and [parabolic sar < close]

it works and showing daily Par SAR,
    May I missed something? Please advise