New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

PE Lines for Indices

I look at this chart and see a few PE lines "behind" the SPX index. How can one achieve this on their chart? I don't seem to be able to figure this out. None of the indicators/overlays do this:

http://stockcharts.com/articles/decisionpoint/2016/04/sp-500-2015-q4-earnings-results-market-more-overbought.html

TIA

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    If you had the data, you would create a User Defined Index from an Excel data file for each line.

Here's a link to a Support article:

stockcharts.com/docs/doku.php?st=user+defined+index&id=data:user-defined_indexes

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited April 2016
    @Gord Much better solution. Thanks for reminding me these Decision Point (and other) indicators are available.

Just to amplify on available indicators, if you enter "!" in the symbol search, you get 37 pages of market indicators from various sources. These can be displayed on the chart of another symbol using the "Price" indicator and its available options (as the link to Gord's example shows).
  • Options
    Thanks. I didn't know those were there.