New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

Changing an annotated chart

Hello, All,

Probably a silly question, but I can't figure it out.

Say I've annotated a chart with a trend line and a stop-loss line and saved it. Tomorrow I go back to my saved chart and want to extend the trend line, and move the stop. Is there a way to do that without deleting the annotations and redrawing them? I haven't found it. If there is, can someone please steer me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Tom

Comments

• Options
    At the top of the vertical column of icons, to the left, is an "arrow" icon. That is the "selection tool". Click on the arrow and then move your mouse to click on the trend line or stop line. It should "glow" and have little yellow boxes (handles) at each end.

If you want to extend the trend line, put the cursor on a yellow box and drag in the direction you want to go.

If you want to move the whole stop line, click anywhere on the line (except the yellow handles) and drag where you want to go.
  • Options
    Perfect! Thanks!