New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

INDICATORS UNDER ZERO LINE

i was was wondering if there is a way to set up a scan to detect when an indicator is belowits zero line, say macd histogram is below its zero line or force index is under its zero line things like that

Comments

• On the Advanced Scan page, in the Scan Builder section below the scan window, click on Technical Indicators, select the one you want, click insert. It will appear in the scan window. Then edit it to say "< 0".
  • thanks @markd
  • conquer1conquer1
    edited May 2017
    @markd is there a way to scan for a stock that has made a 52 week high and is below that high by a certain percentage? 5% 10% 20 %...im really determined to get this pullback thing learned lol, i feel myself getting closer and closer
  • You have to get down to specifics. When did it make the 52 week high?
  • i would start out with say the last 6 weeks
  • markdmarkd mod
    edited May 2017
    ok, so the max six week high is equal to the max 52 week high and the current close is less than say, 90 per cent of the max 52 week high and the current close is greater than say 85 per cent of the 52 week high.

You have to specify a range for the close (<.9, >.85) because if you just say <.9, for instance, that would include, say 70 per cent less or 50 per cent less, etc.
  • Ok im a littile confused with this one ,is this for the standard scan or advanced scan and i should of answered that the high was made no more than 6 weeks ago go betw3wen 1 and six weeks is what im looking for my mistake sorry, i think i get what you mean with the percentage part, i jus have to figure out how to write that in the advanced scan part
  • I suppose you could do it in either, but I always use the advanced, so that's what I'm referring to.

You want to use the max( ) function, which looks for the highest value in the time period you specify, no matter when it occurred in that period.

So, weekly max(6, weekly high) would get the highest high in the past six weeks

Likewise, weekly max(52, weekly) high would get the highest high in the past 52 weeks.

If those two maxes are equal to each other, then the six week high is also the fifty two week high.

If you need help with syntax, follow the links under the "Instructions" link at the bottom of the advanced scan page.
  • ok ill work with this and see what i come up with thanks
  • conquer1,

I use the following for the Force

Scan 10 - Force Bearish (crossing below the "0" south)

[type = stock] AND [country = US] AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 200000] AND [Daily SMA(60,Daily

Close) > 5] AND [0 crosses Daily FORCE(13)]

- - - - - - - -

Scan 10A - Force 13 Bullish (crossing above "0" north)

[type = stock] AND [country = US]
    //and [SCTR > 90]
    AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 500000]
    AND [Daily SMA(60,Daily Close) > 5]
    AND [ Daily FORCE (13) crosses 0]

Hope this can help.

Quill -
  • For more accuracy, modified line in the above

AND [Daily SMA(60,Daily Close) > 5] to read and [Daily SMA(50,Daily Close) > 5]

will notice the big difference when using Freestockcharts.com charts.

Freestockcharts don't work with Google Chrome. Have to use IE.

Quill -