New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

real time

Would anyone happen to know if I subscribe to pro if I get more than 15 real time charts? I have extra now and get 15 real time charts.

thank you

Comments

• markdmarkd mod
    edited August 2018
    Do you mean 15 simultaneous real time charts in 15 separate browser windows? Or do you mean something else?

I don't see a mention of a limitation on real-time charts. You should be able to display any chart in real time if you have the appropriate subscription.

Pro gives you 5 second refresh, so when you open a list, you get a very up-to-date chart. But as far as I know, you can watch the chart change only on the chart workbench view. You can quickly switch charts there by selecting symbols from your watch list in the drop down chart list window above the chart, which I think is more convenient (easier to find the symbol in the drop down than the tab on the task bar - I think). If you have charts in different lists and want to switch between them, it might make sense to put all the symbols of current interest into one list.

If you want to display each chart in a separate browser window, there may be a limit on the number of connections you can have to the site (you can understand why). It may vary by subscription but it's not mentioned on the pricing page. You would have to contact support.

Another solution is technical alerts, so you don't have to watch, or only start watching once the alert is hit. Pro gives you 100.

The data plans are here:

https://stockcharts.com/sales/pricing.html
  • If you want to display each chart in a separate browser window, there may be a limit on the number of connections you can have to the site (you can understand why). It may vary by subscription but it's not mentioned on the pricing page. You would have to contact support.

yes the limit is 15, I was wondering if the limit was higher with pro
    thanks
  • Gerry, I am not sure that I understand your question but I thought that I'd throw this out for you to think about. I have learned about this from experience using their updating charts and SC support will tell you all about it.

You can run a lot of charts simultaneously. I think that you can run more than 15 charts simultaneously updating as long as you don't exceed the number of updates per minute. So, you will not be able to run 15 charts that all update every 5 seconds. However, you can run 15 charts that update every 30 seconds or so. When you exceed the number of allowable updates per minute, they shut all of your charts down for a short period of time just to get your attention. Maybe you could run some of your charts at 5 second updates, a few at 30 second updates and the rest at one minute or longer updates. At some point, when you have exceeded the allowable updates, they will shut you down.
  • 5 sec is the pro charts, I have extra's which refresh's every fifteen , thirty, one min and so on. But yes there are only fifteen charts I can watch at once or they do shut you down..
    thank you...