New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.

ICHIMOKU CLOUD SCAN

Hello all,it's been a while....I am trying to tweak this scan below. I am looking for stocks that are just above the cloud or changing over to go above.. Thank you for your help. Nicko p.s. Hello Mark.

[type = stock] AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 1000000]
and [Open > 1.00]
and [Close < 10.99]
and [Ichimoku Base Line(9,26,52) > 0]
and [Ichimoku Conversion Line(9,26,52) > 0]
and [Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52) > 0]
and [Ichimoku Span B(9,26,52) > 0]
and [Long Body is true]
and [Uptrend is true]

Best Answer

• ekwongekwong
    Answer ✓
    [type = stock] and [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 1000000]
    and [Open > 1.00] and [Close < 10.99]
    and [Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 1]
    and [
    [[Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 1] and [yesterday's Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 0]] or
    [[yesterday's Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 1] and [2 days ago Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 0]] or
    [[2 days ago Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 1] and [3 days ago Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 0]]
    ]

Answers

• Ekwong, Thank you very much!!
  • Ekwong,also I wanted to tell the first 2 scans fit my liking! I find the Cloud very helpful and also fascinating! I would love to find "useful simple books on it" !! Thanks again,Nicko
  • At first, I was confused by ekwong's scan, but now I think I am starting to realize that this is very nicely done.

I thought that "and [Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 1]" is separate from price crossing above the cloud and could not be combined. If you run those two scans separately, you get different results.

The "and [Daily Above Ichimoku Cloud = 1]" clause returns 68 results. This returns results that are "way" above the cloud. The "price crossing above the cloud" scan returns 2 results.

ekwong's scan returns 7 results. It returns results moving above red (weak) and green (strong) clouds.

Nicko asked for "just" above the cloud and "or changing over to go above". The "just" above the cloud suggests that it recently moved above the cloud, which ekwong's scan does well.

Crossing above the cloud is an Ichimoku signal though it is among the weaker signals. Simply being above the cloud is not a signal.

(*) One thing I learned is that even though ChartSchool says moved above Ichimoku Cloud, it really only means "above" Ichimoku cloud. This could be a typo on the site? So:

and [Above Ichimoku Cloud is true]

is equivalent to, which you can see there is no cross:

and [[[Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52) >= Ichimoku Span B(9,26,52)] and [today's Daily Close > today's daily Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52)]] or [[Ichimoku Span B(9,26,52) >= Ichimoku Span A(9,26,52)] and [today's Daily Close > today's daily Ichimoku Span B(9,26,52)]]]
  • Kevo, thanks for the comment, scan is working VERY well! TO ALL>>>>HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
    Nicko