New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

How can I scan for stock that meets a minimum dividend yield?

I’m familiar with Stockcharts scanning criteria but have not been able to find a way to scan for undervalued stock that meets a minimum dividend yield. Essentially I’m looking for dividend yield with a potential capital gain kicker. I hope I’m missing something really obvious but so far — no luck. I’d really appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    Answer ✓
    Well, you can't scan for undervaluation because that's a judgement based on fundamentals.

But, if you assume that an above normal yield suggests undervaluation, you could run something like

[group is SP500]
    and [yield > 5]

If you know your criteria for undervaluation, finviz.com is a good site for fundamentals screening. Charting is way behind, though, so come back here to make your technical judgements.

Answers

• Options
    Thanks markd - I appreciate your suggestion and I AM familiar with FINVIZ.com
    Screening through FINVIZ and timing through Stockcharts makes a lot of sense.
    I’ll give it a look.