New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

How to scan for stocks that have been beaten down, loss >= 30% or so), in last 60 days, hi volume?

I'm looking a way to identify for victims of heavy tax-loss selling more or less.

Thanks for your time.

Best Answer

• Options
    markdmarkd mod
    edited December 2014 Answer ✓
    You can try this on either the standard or advanced scan work bench - just use the drop downs to build the scan. You might have to do a little reading in Chart School to get the grammar right.

Basically you want today's close < 60 days ago close times .7

Not sure what you mean by high volume - but maybe you could test for today's simple moving average of volume > 60 days ago simple moving average of volume. You would have to choose the moving average length - maybe 21 days? And you might want to add a factor the 60 days ago volume, 1.1 times, 1.5 times, whatever you think is right.

Answers

• Options
    Thanks markd

I hadn't written a SCAN in ages and I had forgotten the syntax. Apppreciate your quick reply! I'm all set again!