New Members: Be sure to confirm your email address by clicking on the link that was sent to your email inbox. You will not be able to post messages until you click that link.
Options

PMO, MACD, RSI & Stochastic Upward Trend Scan - Help. Thank you

Hello,

I am trying to put together a scan to find stocks that have several indicators all moving upwards at the same time.

Is this possible using StockCharts.com..?

I am looking for the following..

PMO, MACD, RSI and Stochastic to all be moving up, BULLISH, with each other within a scan...

I keep finding charts where the 20 Day EMA moves up across the 100 Day MA and as I follow each indicator, they are all moving up at the same time.

Can anyone help me on this scan? Or does anyone have a more BULLISH scan to find stocks moving up?

Thank you

Kimberly

Comments

• Options
    The way to test whether an indicator (or overlay, or price itself) is moving up is to compare its current value with some past value or values.

For instance:

and [MACD Line(12,26,9) > 10 days ago MACD Line(12,26,9)]

Of course, Line might have peaked 5 days ago and dropped the last few days, but not enough to drop below its value 10 days ago. So you could say

and [MACD Line(12,26,9) > 1 day ago MACD Line(12,26,9)]
    and [MACD Line(12,26,9) > 10 days ago MACD Line(12,26,9)]

That makes it more likely MACD Line is still rising.

So, if you think it's necessary, you could do the same for each indicator.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your time and help. Best of luck with all your trades!!